QAN 0.68% $5.85 qantas airways limited

qantas had a monopoly once.., page-8

1. 7,247 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Inception, I admire your loyalty, and I hope you're right. There area a couple of points you make that I take issue with. Firstly, I have never mentioned anything about seat occupancy rates, which is high, and secondly, I don't think the Air New Zealand takeover of Ansett had anything to do with its demise. Ansett was taken over because it was in trouble, and the rescue unfortunately failed.

The points you raise are little bit motherhood stuff. You have overlooked the bloated board with its share of drones, at least one of whom has been on the boards of two failed companies. One was CEO of Ansett prior to its failure. Why on earth would she be on the Qantas board now? Just give me one reason.

You're right that Qantas has heaps of cash, and a young fleet less than eight years old. That's terrific. So with that in mind, how did they get in to the situation they now find themselves? They have had the cash and the new planes for some time, and the downhill spiral has continued.

in the way that the media tends to jump on distressed companies, the papers are now full of anti-Qantas stories. The company can be rescued, but it will take a lot more than has happened so far.

And I am always mindful of the hypocrisy of them now accusing Virgin of exactly what they have done themselves to their regional competitors, only worse.

The only credit I give the management is, what on earth have they been doing. Ten years ago Qantas had a virtual monopoly in Australia. What happened?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.85
Change
-0.040(0.68%)
Mkt cap ! $9.532B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.84 $5.91 $5.84 $38.05M 6.494M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 22710 $5.85

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.86 26030 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.