Don't slag unions, i used to.I was brought up in a liberal hose,...

1. 5,301 Posts.
    Don't slag unions, i used to.
    I was brought up in a liberal hose, always voted liberal and thought unions were crappy communists hell bent on destroying business.

Then i left the defence force and started working in the offshore industry and joined the MUA. They are so needed, yes sometimes they go to far but if you think Australia would be better of without unions then why not move to countries where unions are banned. There great to visit and holiday in and spend all your money that unions have got you. Oh you think your not in a union so they haven't done anything for you. Try overtime, holiday pay, sickness pay just to name a few.
    But you go work in a country where unions are banned. Ive worked in them and safety and pay and conditions are crap. Corruption is rife and the value of human life is nothing,
    there places like,
    Malaysia, Thailand, Egypt, Libya, Iran, Afghanistan. Unions aren't perfect, Yeah if you think unions have destroyed Australia go live and work and try and raise a family in those countries i mentioned and see how long you or your loved ones last.
    You can't have it both ways.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.