QAN 0.17% $6.02 qantas airways limited

There is a report just out on Jetstar's Tasman performance. Its...

1. 7,247 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    There is a report just out on Jetstar's Tasman performance. Its a bit of a dog's breakfast and a bit confusing, but not especially good. Air New Zealand is still increasing its passenger numbers on the Tasman route.

Also, Jetstar is in some sort of minor tax dispute with the New Zealand IRS. Not yet resolved.

It all screams for a big tidy up. I don't know how anyone can manage such a mess.
    The article from New Zealand and now on the QAN news site, is headlined; Jetstar loses ground on Tasman routes.

Its odd how the other three ASX listed airlines, AIZ, VAH, REX, all of whom are successful, are not attracting any posts or comments.

I've done a comparative exercise between all four airlines, over ten years, five years, two years and one year, 30 days, 10 days. What this highlights is that Qantas' poor performance has accelerated dramatically in the last few years. Alan Joyce?

For the record, the results are;
    10 years, best to worst;
    REX, AIZ, QAN, VAH (last)

5 years, 2 years, 1 year, last 30 days, all the same;
    AIZ, VAH, REX, QAN

Last 10 days (which includes recovery in QAN from sell-off)
    REX, QAN, VAH, AIZ.

The stand out statistic from all this is REX. Consistent profits since listing, and still healthy today. Despite appalling headwinds for regional aviation. Very smart operators. To quote one of their execs to me personally very recently; "We will just keep doing what we have always done".

Works for me.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.02
Change
0.010(0.17%)
Mkt cap ! $9.809B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.04 $6.04 $5.96 $20.09M 3.352M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 10000 $6.01

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.02 57851 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 23/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.