QAN 0.14% $6.97 qantas airways limited

Slura,Not sure on where the figures came from but interesting if...

1. 793 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    Slura,

Not sure on where the figures came from but interesting if true. I am not sure on what the standard practice is but I assume all airlines have aircraft sitting around from time to time. If they are sitting around all year and not being used then yes that is a concern.

What still astounds me is the way in which QF management continually attempt to prop up Jetstar at the cost of QF (e.g. with new 787's) whilst the aged 767 fleet still services the QF high yield market, Jetstar service the Low cost end of the market with the new high tech Dreamliners - absurd!

No imagination in the co. whatsoever IMO. They could do a marketing campaign "fly the new Dreamliner 787, Sydney to Paradise (Honolulu) or something along those lines, they would have the flights full every day at QF high yield fares, not $299 return fares with Jetstar.

I agree Slura, management have a lot to answer for but let's remember, Jetstar is Joyce's baby so he will do everything that he can to keep it going, even at the high costs that it has put onto QF.

Surfrat

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.