qantas, page-104

1. 10,842 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 85
    Go to work, earn a fair wage and be happy.

If you don't like your pay and conditions then leave and go somewhere else. If you are worth more someone will give it to you.

Better still, start your own airline. I'm sure the 15 Unions that work at QANTAS have access to staff and capital to do this.

Most people in this world expect to get back what they put in. No more. Windfalls come from winning lotteries, not from coercion and blackmail of ones employer.

QANTAS, like the public service, is a 'sheltered workshop' offering job security, great conditions and high wages. Its out of kilter with the rest of the World. Its time they woke up and smelt the coffee.

Well the world is changing and the dinosaur Unions working at QANTAS just don't get it.

I don't own QANTAS shares directly anymore. But I feel its time for Joyce to shut the joint down and start again somewhere else.

Joyce is doing a great job and its interesting to note the number of racist and sexist taunts thrown up about him by employees of QANTAS. Perhaps if he was a litigious type, like many 'employees' he could take action under Human Rights.

Imagine employees of a business telling customers to go elsewhere? That's what these Unions have been doing and I'm surprised they think they can get away with it. The liquidated damages for this sort of act, should it result in business closure, would be enormous.

Don't give in Alan, and shut it down completely if you have to!

ps. We are operating under Gillard's Fair Work Legislation and we saw back in March 2011 that the ALP Government and Albanese launch a Parliamentary inquiry into cabin crew levels at QANTAS. That doesn't seem to gell with their comments this week that QANTAS and the Unions should sort this out themselves does it.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.