qatar, this is a joke right

1. 22,698 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    How can a nation with 1.5 or so million people, ranked 170th in football, with disgraceful human rights, 50 degree temperatures, in a relatively unstable part of the world receive the world cup? It just does not add up.

How can this be in the interest of the footballing public? So basically, no unmarried couples can go and see the world cup. A friend who worked in Qatar was once worried he would get locked up because he feared that someone had seen a girl come into his room. He was appalled at the attitudes.

Yes, this is a place to stage the biggest even in the world. Yes, they will have airconditioned stadiums, but what about moving around? What about entertainment and the atmosphere that a world cup brings.

If Australia didn't win, how did the USA not win?

Surely there will be more to come from this. Once again, Fifa didn't do themselves any favours by having the results leak. Looks good for such an governing body have delegates hugging and shaking hands 30 min prior to the announcement.

I'm not a soccer/footall supporter, but i'm a sports fan and someone who always was taught that honesty is the best policy. I don't think honesty here and makes you question whether it really is the best policy.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.