QBE 1.99% $16.97 qbe insurance group limited

Happy to be corrected, but I think you will find interest...

1. 1,348 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    Happy to be corrected, but I think you will find interest accrues to QBE's share registry, Link Market Services.

Nice little earner obviously, but perhaps not for ever, see below from SMH re Computershare:

March 16, 2012
    Read later
    Ads by Google

Get A Market Leading RateRabodirect.com.au/Term-Deposits
    The Market Leading Rate: 6.50%pa* - RaboDirect, Australia’s Safest Bank
    SHARE registry company Computershare has long enjoyed a nice little earner from interest on money held in trust. It sits on funds from floats and other market issues as long as it can - to the tune of $89 million for the latest half year.

Unfortunately for Computershare, Woolworths may have called time on this ''margin income'' ploy. Woolies apparently told Computershare when negotiating its recent bond issue that the interest on investors' funds should be remitted to the investors.

And although Computershare boss Stuart Crosby depicted the Woolies negotiation as a ''one-off'' at the half-year analyst briefing, BusinessDay hears that ANZ insisted on the same deal for its latest note issue.

Advertisement: Story continues below
    The ramifications may be material. Revenue last year was $1.6 billion, of which $172 million related to interest earnings on money held on trust. On that revenue, Computershare generated earnings before interest and tax (EBIT) of $368 million and earnings before interest tax depreciation (EBITDA) of $494 million.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/business/too-much-interest-for-computershare-20120315-1v86m.html#ixzz1qfC7XdTv

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QBE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$16.97
Change
-0.345(1.99%)
Mkt cap ! $25.52B
Open High Low Value Volume
$17.38 $17.38 $16.91 $24.98M 1.463M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
28 4420 $16.96

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$16.97 5394 24
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.53pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QBE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.