Posting responses to queries on that vid1Roger Parker22 hours...

1. 2,399 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 19
    Posting responses to queries on that vid

Roger Parker22 hours ago (edited)Why would be surgery be preferred to Stelfonta if the criteria deems the latter treatment appropriate? Seems like an incredibly 'clean' way of removing the tumour. Do you know what the numbers are re dogs being disease free after surgery?

Lisa P.1 hour ago
    I've done a ton of research on this and I agree with the question. I feel like it's simply because the gold standard treatment has always been surgery. I don't agree with "this is the way we've always done it..." thought process. There's a lot of reasons a pet owner would want to chose Stelfonta over surgery (which often has to be coupled with radiation and/or chemo.) etc..

Paul Schwartz1 day ago
    My American Bully, Brooklyn, got her injection yesterday for a mast cell tumor on her ear. It seems to be progressing just as described. I'm so glad I found Dr. Sue and Stelfonta! Thank you!

Roger Parker22 hours ago
    Hi, wondering how much it cost for the treatment? Was surgery considered? Thanks

Highlighted reply
    Lisa P.1 hour ago @roger Parker In case you don't hear back, this is what someone from WI told me: "The cost of the drug is $588. The ancillary charges for the doctor, lab, facility etc totals $1,200 for everything."

Dr Sue hasn't answered the first query. Wonder if she will. Might ruffle a few feathers I would think. At least we have an idea of the US pricing for Stelfonta, $US 5. Also seems it is causing a bit of a paradigm shift in terms of MCT treatment, as it should be. Cheers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.