ADO 4.76% 2.2¢ anteotech ltd

We need to remember that every business often must maintain...

1. 729 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1689
    We need to remember that every business often must maintain confidentiality over all kinds of arrangements. The reasons may include one or more of the following:

** Negotiations may be still in progress, and it may be both premature and prejudicial to the business to announce what in fact it has no right yet to confirm and make public.
    ** There may be competitive reasons for maintaining confidentiality. In my direct experience, a business likes to know about who is talking to whom, why, and to what extent. It's called competitive information, and it can be extraordinarily invaluable. It's not just HC aficionados who can join dots.
    ** Large organisations are very conscious of the value of their branding. As a schoolkid taking the train, I was always amused that on the railway hoardings you'd see Kiwi Boot Polish advertised - those neat round tins - with the endorsement along the lines of "Suppliers to the Royal Household". I assume the Palace approved - oh, I do hope so! But nevertheless I was pleased that what was good enough to blacken my shoes, was good enough for the Queen (no, not Victoria). But seriously, a big company such as Qiagen or POC1, won't want every Tom, Dick or Harry associating themselves in public just because there is some work going on between one them and the company. And if Tom, Dick or Harry starts bleating about the association prematurely, a sudden dump of cold water might eventuate on the project.
    ** It can be presumptuous of us as investors to assume we have a right to know more about each of Anteo's business activities. There has to be a judgment about what can be released, and what must be withheld. The ASX is fully aware of that. And it is the ASX, not the company, that decides whether an announcment the company has provided for release by the ASX, is price sensitive or not.
    ** Finally, were commercially sensitive information to be released to the market, this would in most cases be to the detriment of Anteo, and therefore to the detriment of investors' interests. As we all know, a major official concern of the ASX is that information which is price sensitive and that is made available, should be available to all. We should not be thinking that all price sensitive information must automatically be announced immediately - that would be naive.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ADO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.2¢
Change
0.001(4.76%)
Mkt cap ! $54.30M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.1¢ 2.2¢ 2.1¢ $7.722K 366.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1610 2.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.2¢ 568091 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ADO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.