CBD 0.00% 1.1¢ cbd energy limited

qld floods and cbd sp

1. 1,752 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    I wonder if the recent flooding in Queensland is negatively impacting the SP in the short term.

Part of the Eco Kinetics business is a joint venture with large QLD energy company, installing solar projects and it is possible that some of the installations are being delayed due to the current floods.

While there has not been any announcements from the company, this is a distinct possibility.

Of course the waters will recede and weather will return to normal eventually,but the first half result will not be as rosy due to this.

So IMO the short term SP suffers. Median and longer term prospects are still good, even though the government is dragging its feet in regard of alternate energy policy.
    But they will have to buy the bullet eventually and I hope it will be sooner rather than later.

We need energy policy with a bit of vision and defined targets for the good of the country.

While everyone is obsessed with NBN at the moment, our electricity security is a lot more important IMO and it has to take in account the climate change situation.

More and more expensive Base Load electricity and decreasing costs of alternate energy hardware really means that favoring the alternate energy is a way to go.
    Blind Freddy can see it, why not the government?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CBD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.