When considering the 2032 Olympic Games for Brisbane I am...

1. 2,174 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    When considering the 2032 Olympic Games for Brisbane I am immediately reminded of the video in which Anna Palachook leaps into the air with excitement when the IOC chairperson announces the Brisbane is the winner! The only thing is there was only one applicant - Brisbane. So, bit like cheering when your horse goes past the winning post in a one horse race!

Now we have Giggles Miles hiring someone to advise (at a cost of $450K mind you) on what infrastructure is required (after the **ba was obviously a dumb choice). Even before the report is release someone has clearly leaked whats' coming and so he gets his tribe of spin doctors (otherwise known as "senior public servants") to come up with some mindless (albeit slightly cheaper) alternatives. Even blind freddy would recognise that this is just a ploy on Giggles part to placate the voters so as to avoid a complete whitewash for Labor in the October election.

From my perspective, it is time for someone in power, or potentially in power to stand up and say enough is enough. The Olympics for Brisbane was a nice idea, but it won't work, and will cost too much, so lets pull the pin. Probably, the hint that it was not a goer is that no other place in the world (except Anna's Brisbane) actually applied to run it in 2032!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.