I'd disagree that someone is no worse than another is a...

1. 15,031 Posts.
    I'd disagree that someone is no worse than another is a reasonable reason to vote for someone.

My thoughts on Ms Frecklington is that she is very churlish and not leadership material. My guess is she has enjoyed a lifetime of guile and cunning, all about self.

The last LNP Premier turned a catastrophe into gain by employing the impervious LNP/Courier Mail partnership to portray him as owning the cleanup effort of the 2011 floods, even though his mud army did pretty much zip compared to the real volunteer effort.

The thing is that the real reason QLD finds itself in an inescapable situation whereby the debt will double as a percentage to GDP by 2050 is because of the "Cinderella" status (All potential but decades of underperforming and monetary assistance) for so long and then, bang the rapid low tax state tactic employed by Joh to show the Libs who really owned the economy. His plan worked with vast numbers of people moving to the sunshine state, but inevitably those same people demanded the same kind of healthcare and public service they were accustomed to and QLDers were not. Other states followed suit in extinguishing death taxes, etc to stop the exodus and draw people back to their bosom.....QLD had to offer incentivised public services but with that has come really big spend in a short timeframe, while other states have generational public sector infrastructure ....

.... you only have to look at how many kids didn't even make it through to year 10 in QLD and the skills bleed to the big smoke of NSW and Vic to understand what kind of place QLD was. I learned in short order, mid 1980s, the shortage of truly skilled and educated people and while the locals were rather wonderful, they had been deprived of those opportunities unless part of the old school tie virus that manifestly infected it.

Blame prudence and progress for QLD's situation, progress too late and playing unprofitable catchup.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.