dave,lap and yell, not sure which state you guys reside,but as a...

1. 87 Posts.
    dave,lap and yell, not sure which state you guys reside,but as a Queenslander, I thank you for your deep concern of us in the north. However I can assure you that not all is hopeless up here. Not all are "complaining" as you assert. Many people up here are glad to see the back of the Labor party who under Peter Beatty started a slide into debt, a rise in taxes and government charges that was unprecedented in this state. I grant you many in the public service employed under temporary contracts lost there income, however many that were permanent employees were released under generous redundancy provisions. I hope that many that received no redundancy used this misfortune as a opportunity. An opportunity to grow by seeking employment in the private sector and thus not only increasing their own life skills but also making a positive contribution to the states economy, something which they, by no fault of their own, were not able to do while being employed by the government. Change is a difficult part of life. But change can bring forth opportunity and growth, for the state and for those affected if they choose to so. Such a negative sentiment as you guys have expressed if accepted by the majority serves only to condemn the future of people that live in one of the greatest places on earth. I hope many will not buy into it, and looking at your poll results many have not. Thank goodness for that.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.