CTP 3.92% 5.3¢ central petroleum limited

qld puts coal gas firms on notice, page-3

1. 1,977 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 580
    Yes Ravi , it's a political beat up with the media stirring the possum prior to an election.

Peter Garret has been given the job to create an impression of being the "Greenkeeper" in the UCG sector...no doubt to appease the Greens for the senate vote trade off.

What it means is a 3-6 month delay in the current projects in QLD.

This may have a negative effect on CTP with some non informed investors thinking this CSG/UCG energy sector may be a dead duck in the long run.

Once the dust (elections) settle it will be back to normal.

I can tell you from personal experience in manufacturing Detergents in the early 80's that the raw material for the vast majority of surfactants was Benzene and still is.

Quite simply Benzene derivatives are the common detergents and wetting agents that are used throughout the world..in the house,in agriculture etc,etc .. everywhere.

The only way to stop benzene exposure is to shut down everything the world is used to.Back to the dark ages and yet the life span of human beings is on the increase with a higher consumption and use of Benzine derived products.

Just a quick guide for you:

Dodecyl Benzene (derived form refineries) plus sulphuric acid = Dodecly Benzene sulphonate ..which is a wetting agent or detergent ..then you add NaOH (sodium Hydroxide) to neutralise this thixotropic ooze and dilute it with water to a (say) 10% active base then you add colouring plus perfume and maybe some Coconut Diethonamide..heat and mix it, bottle into 600ml plastic bottles (which will no doubt contain Benzene) ,stick a label on it and Voila ..put it into Supermarket shelves and it's detergent that everyone uses.

Now this detergent is a great wetting agent to promote plant growth or even used in cement mixes (Bycol) to build houses..it just goes on and on...life,as we know it, without benzene would be hard to take.

Now how does this impact on Perdika....Nil impact environmentally and if QLD or Labour stuffs up the massive investment into the sector in QLD, there could be a massive investment inflow into CTP from companies that would prefer an isolated resource not too far from infrastrucure without the States,or farmers interfering with the operations...the NT is just that..a Territory..state rules do not apply... Everyone needs energy,the world needs energy and always will so there will not be a shortage of buyers for it regardless of the current prices.

Isolation can be a godsend and I am sure it will be for CTP and its coal.

However we are part of the Australian marketplace and we will not be able to stop a sell down if it happens, due to extraneous conditions..If the Investors at large realise that isolation is beneficial then CTP will reap the rewards.

Just think about it..how much will it cost to stop the multi billion dollar investments in the CSG sector in QLD.
    Think of the losses .

So the isolation of Perdika could be seen to be a very cheap investment alternative for the majors, even if infrastructure has to be built.

I am sure JH knows this and Perdika Coals are destined to become a farmout situation very soon.

Enough Mining politics from me...I need some sleep!

Cheers HR

Strictly my view expressed above and no advice given or intended...the only advice I will give is to have a stiff drink and think about it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.