buys 2mill ver 1.87 mill

xao +40.6
    futures
    http://www.bloomberg.com/markets/stocks/futures/

US markets closed on JULY 4
    ---------------------------------------------
    QLD URANIUM MINING..
    PREMIER NEWMAN WAITS FOR GILLARD TO REPLY

PREMIER Campbell Newman has been asked to to come clean on whether he will allow Queensland's uranium deposits to be mined.

The LNP leader was questioned in State Parliament yesterday by Katter's Australian Party leader and Mount Isa MP Robbie Katter, as to whether he would overturn Queensland's ban on uranium mining.

Canadian miner Mega Uranium, which holds the lease on the Ben Lomond deposit 50km north-west of Townsville, is expecting the new government to follow the federal Liberal policy of supporting uranium mining throughout Australia.

Mr Katter said mining the mineral would solve the state's budget crisis, while providing 2600 jobs.

Mr Newman told Parliament the LNP had no plans to mine uranium in Queensland.
    He did say, though, that he had written to Prime Minister Julia Gillard to clarify the Federal Government's own policy.

"I want to be absolutely certain about what the Labor Party's view is on this at a federal level," Mr Newman said. "While people are calling for a review of this party's policy - and I am not making any commitment this afternoon."
    Mr Katter said the Premier's comments indicated he was open to comment about Queensland's position on uranium mining.

"The Premier did not rule out overturning the ban on uranium mining and this is positive news for an industry potentially worth $20 billion," Mr Katter said.
    The North Queensland Conservation Council said the Premier indicated before the election his party would not lift the state's uranium mining ban, and he should hold onto that position.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PDN HOMEPAGE
    At the national level of Australian politics, both the Federal Labor Party and the Federal Coalition parties support development of the uranium industry, however, the granting of licences to mine uranium is a decision made within the residual jurisdiction of each state government.

Through membership of industry bodies, such as the Australian Uranium Association and the Queensland Resources Council, Paladin is involved in debate and research to facilitate a change in government policy. The opposition Liberal-National Party supports development of the uranium industry. State elections in Queensland must be held before June 2012.
    http://www.paladinenergy.com.au/default.aspx?MenuID=106
    SO it appears prem newman is just waiting on P.M Gillard to respond to his letter to enable him to lift the ban on mining.......
    --------------------------------------

Labor FEDERAL
    Updated July 21, 2009 08:01:00

Federal Resources Minister Martin Ferguson says it is inevitable that uranium will be mined in Queensland.

Labor changed its long standing three mines policy in 2007 but the Queensland Government has stood firm in its opposition to uranium mining.

Federal Environment Minister Peter Garrett last week approved a new uranium mine in South Australia.

Resources Minister Martin Ferguson says he believes mining will eventually be allowed in Queensland.

"Just as there's going to be uranium mining on an increasing basis in Western Australia, South Australia and the Northern Territory, we'll see uranium mining in Queensland in due course," he said.

Mr Ferguson has told a Resources Conference in central Queensland, uranium mining is no different to developing coal or liquefied natural gas.

"It's about supplying the energy needs of other countries," he said.
    "We are energy rich, we do not need nuclear power, our responsibility is to mine uranium with safe hands and to guarantee that our uranium is used by countries that are only prepared to guarantee that it is used with safe hands."
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2009-07-21/qld-uranium-mining-inevitable/1360764
    --------------------------------------

LOOKS LIKE DISSENTION within the fed labor ranks......so Rudd may soon have the numbers he needs to have another tilt at the P.M......she may need to make some compromises and swallow her pride and answer Prem Newmans letter in a satisfactory manner ..and soon....
    or she will soon see mass defections.......

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PDN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$13.99
Change
0.010(0.07%)
Mkt cap ! $4.182B
Open High Low Value Volume
$13.78 $14.02 $13.62 $27.61M 1.999M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 198 $13.99

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$14.00 5278 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PDN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.