QPM 5.56% 3.4¢ queensland pacific metals limited

QPM General Discussion Thread, page-2035

1. 741 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1586
    The iron hydrolysis and strong acid regeneration part of the extraction plant is the most costly by $100M at $277M, and then another $86M for the weak acid regeneration.
    Accordingly, I thought nitric acid would be the priciest consumable for the refinery, particularly if the targeted 98% recovery rate is proving difficult to meet (remember they were tweaking with slightly elevated pressure), but re-reading the AFS, the highest operating costs are as follows, so I'm not so sure:
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4964/4964626-c515f508b7ded3f2abc9f301a16fb578.jpg
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4964/4964628-5e5457afdcafa340ca5bf4abb611901d.jpg
    The team are looking at making significant savings for the gas supply with the QPM Energy Project, and the AFS identified on-site production of ammonia as an additional opportunity.

We've seen at Townsville Council meetings how much the region is excited by the flow on effects of the TECH project, including the port.
    Here's hoping a future upgrade to the truck staging area includes charging infrastructure for electric trucks, which would reduce the running costs of trucking ore (and any haulage tender applications) before any rail upgrade was incorporated to the site.
    Completed Projects | Port of Townsville (townsville-port.com.au)

The Aust and US governments are now more in sync, so here's to Albo's team taking note of the US plan to decarbonise all transport, released this week, and coordinating a local plan in the not too distant future, to cover all parts of a city and the regions: In a first, the US government unveils a plan to decarbonize all transport (electrek.co)

The more I read the AFS, the more opportunity for savings or value add becomes apparent. wink.png

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QPM (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.