QRX 0.00% 2.8¢ qrxpharma ltd

QRX - 2015 Stock of the Year pick

1. MT2
    345 Posts.
    We are all looking around for company shares to buy. Our only intention is ever that they will go up after we have bought them. None of us ever buy a share expecting they will go down, unless of course if we are short-selling, which is a mugs game generally and removes any honour from the role of being an investor.

In my humble opinion, as sad as the collapse was for QRX holders, at current prices, anywhere between the range of late in the mid-1c area, has got to be as safe a shot as any in the small cap area. At 1.5c they have a market cap of around $2.3m. They have around $2.5m+ cash after all expenses are paid from the clean up.

If you treat QRX as a clean shell, they have most everything you could hope for in a shell, from a small investors stand point. They are at cash backing. They have a cornerstone investor, Lang Walker, who is unlikely to take the collapse lying down, and he has access to deals. Then you have Bruce Hancox, again he has access to deals. Then of course there is Richard Treagus, possibly the most respected biotech executive in Australia. He alone has what it takes, combined with Lang's capital, to find a blockbuster investment to back into the QRX shell. Lang will not be doing it for a few cents upside either! I would feel better however if Richard had a stake. That may come later.

From the other side, if you had a business which you wanted to back into a listed shell, there may be no better ones around than QRX. You not only get a clean shell, you get some pretty supportive shareholders, and some great management if you needed/wanted to retain them.

So what is to decide?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QRX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.