MKY mky resources ltd

I'm guessing/hoping also and the fact they are still discussing...

1. 500 Posts.
    I'm guessing/hoping also and the fact they are still discussing is a good sign - shows chinese are interested.

I guess the devil will be in the detail - do they want a joint venture/placement/or the lot????

I am guessing/hoping that the chinese are also interested in AEC's clean coal technology to provide energy for any new smelters being proposed. Chalco are looking at the possibility of building one at maybe Gladestone or Bowen. Converting bauxite to aluminium is extremely energy intensive, not to mention polluting. Chalco's MD was quoted recently (http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,,23897216-30538,00.html .........

"But Xiao Yaqing is also holding out the prospect of further massive downstream development of resources, including using the still elusive dream of clean coal technology.

"We have been thinking about whether we can can extend our operations into the downstream," he says. "For example, Queensland has very good clean coal technology so we are thinking that if we can generate power using this clean coal technology we could probably extend our operations from the upstream bauxite and alumina to downstream operations like smelting or other projects." ..........

So, if MKY has the bauxite + coal, AEC has the technology, andthe chinese want both.....wouldn't that spice things up a bit??? (Disclaimer : wishful but intelligent thinking on my part)

So, hopefully MKY paid for the trip!!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MKY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.