BRN 2.94% 17.5¢ brainchip holdings ltd

QUALCOMM is worth watching, page-183

1. 2,837 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1314
    They say "neuromorphic" but it doesn't appear to use spikes, so maybe a loose term?..
    No, on chip learning?..
    Not available as IP it seems?..

https://ece.engin.umich.edu/stories...ryx-inc-promises-faster-cheaper-ai-processing

"University of Michigan ECE startup MemryX, Inc. is developing a programmable AI accelerator chip that promises unmatched performance at relatively low power for high-performance applications, including autonomous driving, smart cameras for robots, smart manufacturing, and smart retail."

“Our devices are cheap and powerful, but not power hungry,” said Wei Lu, company co-founder, CEO, and professor of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science.

"And their technology could save a company thousands of dollars per chip"

They made a comparison in the article, with A.I. GPUs costing $10000, so it would seem their price point, would be well above 15 to $20.
    Then take into consideration, Brainchip's much lower cost per unit IP model (assumption), then MemryX chips don't appear to be an attractive alternative to AKIDA.

As they look to be..
    More expensive.
    No on chip learning.
    Use more power.

They, are up to their 3rd generation chip already, which is the one for volume production, this year.

Will be competing in our market, but look to be inferior competition, in my humble cleaner's opinion..

Last edited by DingoBorat: 31/01/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
17.5¢
Change
0.005(2.94%)
Mkt cap ! $342.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
17.5¢ 18.0¢ 17.0¢ $737.6K 4.203M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
69 1587304 17.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
17.5¢ 213251 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.