BRN 0.98% 25.8¢ brainchip holdings ltd

Hey all,So I've had my eye on QAULCOMM for some time. There have...

1. 4,411 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1614
    Hey all,

So I've had my eye on QAULCOMM for some time. There have been numerous high level QAULCOMM interactions with BRN (both ways) on social media in recent months.

My personal (speculative) opinion is that we will one day see a QAULCOMM IP agreement (or at least see our IP in their products through a third party) If they don't, we stand in a great position to take a good size chunk of their market share wouldn't you say?

The article I found below almost sounds like an admission that BRN is the future.................Obviously no direct mention of us but it's a very different tune that QAULCOMM are now singing and they all of a sudden have a new found confidence in venturing into new fields.........

(@BlueAnt here might be a good place to drop that article you found too)

Cheers

https://www.techradar.com/features/in-the-ai-era-the-edge-is-the-new-cloud

Mega-trend

According to Mike Vildibill, VP & GM of Cloud Edge AI at semiconductor company Qualcomm, the rise of artificial intelligence (AI) will combine with a number of other factors to push computing back towards the edge of the network, where latency is just as important as raw performance.

“The next mega-trend is now underway,” he told TechRadar Pro. “Previously, we saw a lot of computation moving to the cloud, but a yo-yo effect is creating a need for computation closer to the edge, where both the data and consumers of the data reside.”

“There’s still a need for a centralized cloud, but even the hyperscalers recognize that the cloud is coming to the edge. Instead of residing in some far-flung datacenter, it might be in the trunk of your car, at an intersection, or bolted to the side of a building. That’s the future.”

“A very important element of the puzzle is that it’s not computing at any cost; you’ve got to be able to do this processing efficiently, in a sustainable way,” explained Vildibill.

“What Qualcomm is trying to do is drive more effective, powerful and power efficient means of processing at the edge, which will save not just on the energy bill, but on the carbon footprint too.”

As Qualcomm continues to explore opportunities in the server chip market, the firm is aiming to develop an extensive roadmap of products with power-efficiency at their heart, Vildibill says. And the company will also continue to enhance its software too, in a bid to draw even greater energy efficiency from its current Cloud AI 100 product line.

If Qualcomm is able to unseat Nvidia, the historic leader in AI acceleration, with this focus on maximizing performance per watt, the economic opportunity could be massive. And despite the company’s relative inexperience in the space, Vildibill is confident about its prospects. (what.pngwhat.png)

“An increased focus on sustainability, the explosion of AI and the shift towards edge computing have come together to create the perfect storm. And we believe we’re in a perfect position, at the perfect time, to address the market,” he said.

Last edited by ManChild001: 20/11/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
25.8¢
Change
0.003(0.98%)
Mkt cap ! $491.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
25.5¢ 27.0¢ 25.5¢ $1.049M 4.043M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
23 646934 25.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
26.0¢ 919915 13
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.10am 22/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
25.5¢
  Change
0.003 ( 0.23 %)
Open High Low Volume
25.5¢ 26.5¢ 25.5¢ 1999911
Last updated 11.29am 22/05/2024 ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.