SLX 1.70% $4.19 silex systems limited

Quantum Computing, page-61

1. zog
    3,049 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 951
    Moosey - I think the only way we are going to resolve this is by asking SLX and/or SQC. You are correct in the LIS only separates one isotope at a time however this leaves two ways to produce ZSSi. The first way would be to simply extract the 28Si and keep it - this would mean 28Si was the SLX product and would have the improved conductivity that you assert. The other way is to remove the 29Si and throw it away leaving 28Si and 30Si this would be ZSSi but MAY NOT have the same improved conductivity you assert to be present in the SLX product - that all I querying.

The problem is that all the SQC and SLX literature I have seen leave the isotope to be extracted open but would indicate the second method (i.e removes the 29Si). Also as we are both aware the LIS works more effectively on low assay material (that's why it's suitable for the PLEF tails). Since the amount of 29Si in natural Si is 4.67% it would suggest that removal of the 29Si is more effective than removal of 28Si which is at 92.23% so to me it would suggest that they remove the 29Si leaving 3.1% 30Si in the material. This still leave the valid question of does the 28Si/30Si present x10 improvement in conductivity? - it's NOT "red herring" - I suggest you don't know either but you are nevertheless claiming this benefit - unfortunately wild over optimism on SLX matters is one of your traits If this benefit is NOT present then SLX is not in the general semi-conductor market but only in ZSSi for Quantum computing (i.e. a LOT smaller)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.