AXE 0.00% 32.0¢ archer materials limited

Quantum Gold Rush, page-368

1. 852 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 620
    It's a rather confusing company to dip your toe into quantum computing (full disclosure - my research in this company and indeed this industry is all of one day). I understand that quantum computing will likely be one of the most important technological advancements of perhaps this century.

What I don't understand though is the importance of developing a chip that can operate at room temperature. From my reading quantum computers aren't for the general public to carry around in their futuristic smart phone to make ridiculously complex calculations on the go, or even on a personal computer device in their homes. And the people who already have quantum computers (corporations), probably don't really worry to much about the extra cost of cooling the units down in order to operate. So in my eyes the potential consumer of this product is miniscule. Therefore really all AXE is hoping for is they get bought out by someone like an IBM?

Isn't more pressing issues in this space to 1) reduce the amount of errors in existing quantum computers, 2) increase the quantity of quantum computers? And if this is the case I don't understand how operating these QC's at room temperature will really help that much with either of those issues.

Anyways just my opinion as stated at the onset I have extremely limited knowledge in this area. Therefore happy to be told otherwise/shown further research/articles which can change my opinion.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AXE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
32.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $81.55M
Open High Low Value Volume
32.0¢ 32.5¢ 30.5¢ $80.57K 255.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 15930 32.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
32.5¢ 69047 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AXE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.