MEL 0.00% 0.6¢ metgasco ltd

Ann: Quarterly Activities and Appendix 5B September 2023, page-2

1. 682 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 350
    There are a couple of questions from the quarterly. I'm happy to write to MEL directly to clarify but thought that I would check here first in case anyone knows the answers.

1. As previously advised, sales revenue reported in respect of supply from the Vali gas field comprises sales
    attracting cash payment and sales for which cash payment has been prepaid. From 1 July 2023, production
    and sales figures include gas produced under contractual agreement towards consideration for processing
    and transportation. The financial value of this gas is accounted as non-cash generating sales revenue.

That sounds like accountant speak for fudging the numbers?? We get paid $8/gj or thereabouts, that's easy and is real money.

But then ""production and sales figures include gas produced under contractual agreement towards consideration for processing and transportation. The financial value of this gas is accounted as non-cash generating sales revenue."
    Non-cash generating sales revenue! God I love accountants.

So I read that as saying that from July 1 an amount of $4/gj or thereabouts will be booked as revenue but there is no cash from this?? Our share of Vali production is 42,000gj so while we have a receivable of roughly $194k around $166k will be non-cash generating sales revenue? So no money?

2. On Capex VEN's qrtly reported "$320k principally being for connection of Odin gas field. OK so a fair assumption would be that MEL's contribution would be approx. $160k as a 25% partner. Yet MEL has booked capex of $407 so what is the additional quarter million for?

I understand it could be in part accounting/timing differences but its a big chunk of cash. I would expect that MEL's capex would be locked in proportionally to VEN's? (e.g. Qtr 4 last year was VEN $440, MEL $221)

Does anyone else have a different read or think the same? Appreciate any feedback.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.6¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $6.383M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.6¢ 0.6¢ 0.6¢ $1.694K 282.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 7785199 0.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.6¢ 6319648 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.04am 10/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
0.6¢
  Change
0.000 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
0.6¢ 0.6¢ 0.5¢ 567000
Last updated 14.32pm 10/05/2024 ?
MEL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.