BIT 3.51% 5.5¢ biotron limited

Ann: Quarterly Activities/Appendix 4C Cash Flow Report, page-69

1. 3,537 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 483
    No worries Fishman. I just found the mistake amusing simply because of who NAID actually is. You cheered up my morning. Thanks.

Further to what @mxdbg said, Biotron did see an opportunity when Zika popped up and chose to send some compounds to ImQuest BioSciences in the US to test again Zika back in 2016. Several were shown to have what was described as "positive activity" against Zika.

At the time Zika was considered a priority target virus and the company did say "the Company will utilise the non-clinical and pre-clinical services program offered by United State’s National Institute of Allergy andInfectious Diseases (NIAID)" but thereafter nothing.

The simple reason is most likely because compounds submitted by others showed more promise, one in particular according to this article from the National Institute of Health. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35618201/ . This provides some insight into how compounds submitted are evaluated and prioritised. Also why news likely dropped dead on the subject. This is simply the way the process works.

Just be careful about comments like "NAID there after had exclusive rights to our library". This would be very bad for shareholders as it would mean Biotron shareholders would no longer have the ability to sell the rights to any of its compounds to big pharma. I don't see any reference to Biotron assigning any rights to any of their compounds and certainly not the entire library as per your comment.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BIT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.5¢
Change
-0.002(3.51%)
Mkt cap ! $49.62M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.6¢ 5.7¢ 5.4¢ $13.80K 247.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5 5.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.8¢ 37000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
5.7¢
  Change
-0.002 ( 5.56 %)
Open High Low Volume
5.8¢ 5.8¢ 5.4¢ 173626
Last updated 15.02pm 05/06/2024 ?
BIT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.