LYC 0.50% $6.02 lynas rare earths limited

On listening to this mornings conference call and the associated...

1. 892 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 65
    On listening to this mornings conference call and the associated questions from the institutional desks .it reinforces to me how well run this business is becoming .Its agile enough to respond to markets ,it focuses on when to spend capital and when to delay projects when prices for the material produced is below where it should be . Amanda and her team are clearly doing a terrific job.
    What is also apparent from the call is the short, sighted nature of all the analysts .The Danial Morgans of the world who want to know what next quarters margins will be .Its all focuses on the short term nature of fund managers and sell side analysts and how they can maximise a quarterly performance fee or bonus that might be due .

Lynas has become a very strategically important business . As Amanda said they run a business and not a spreadsheet based on long term fixed contracts at $80.00 a kg for ndpr to a theoretical rare earth producer .

The weakness in the share price is a result of slightly softer prices and slightly softer demand .but as in all mining businesses the lowest priced producers survive during tougher times and prosper during better times . Prices are cyclical and lynas share price will recover as prices improve .

the hedge funds are traders and the short-term noise they make to deliver a result is just part of the investment environment that we wear. Fundamentals don't lie and lynas remains a quality business and the scale that they are building will provide maximum benefit that low cost producers enjoy when market conditions improve .The result today was better than i expected and suspect the short cohort were hoping for a worse set of numbers

well done to Amanda and her team

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.02
Change
-0.030(0.50%)
Mkt cap ! $5.627B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.93 $6.08 $5.88 $43.41M 7.258M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 6279 $6.00

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.04 31762 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 23/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.