RED 11.0% 32.5¢ red 5 limited

Quarterly comments, page-30

1. 748 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 187
    Good to see the same old arguments being thrashed out. I can't see why we need pictures of the slip. The pictures posted by Dr Spock gave me a good representation of what is going on the pit floor. They included the material that eventually did slip. Imagination can do the rest. Let management get on with the job they are paid to do. Sounds like they have it under control. The market has punished us for this mishap. Hopefully, without further incidents, this will be forgiven with good reports over the coming quarters.
    As for other comments. HoM you are repeatedly referring to the C & M period and the lack of care and maintenance. This is not a garden. This is a open pit mine in the most challenging climate on earth. Considering the need to preserve capital for the restart of operations, all that was required was to keep the water level at a manageable level. Any attempt to maintain roads and earthworks would be futile over the wet season. As noted in the 2014 annual report (page 11) "Dewatering activities in the Siana open pit continued to ensure mining operations could re-commence once the Order was lifted. An amount of water was maintained at the bottom of the pit to enable the pontoon pumps to be able to operate and to minimise silt disturbance". Seems a reasonable management practice to mitigate the effects of the incursion of water, and at the same time meet environmental standards, during a serious wet season.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RED (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
32.5¢
Change
-0.040(11.0%)
Mkt cap ! $2.244B
Open High Low Value Volume
34.0¢ 34.5¢ 32.0¢ $10.56M 31.57M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
81 2283324 32.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
32.5¢ 450598 29
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.09pm 29/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RED (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.