CBH 0.00% 7.0¢ coolabah metals limited

quarterly out, page-3

1. 2,082 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1651
    Just reviewing the report again. It seems in fact that the paste plant will be in full operation in this quarter, (August in fact, according to one article here), allowing full production to resume.

Refer to following articles.

Michael Vaughan
    Wednesday, 26 July 2006

CBH Resources' Endeavour mine in New South Wales has returned to profitability in the June quarter, recovering from the ground failure at the operation in October last year.

Endeavor zinc-lead-silver mine near Cobar, New South Wales

Endeavour generated a positive cash flow of $1.4 million in the June quarter after recording a $5.8 million loss in the March quarter.

The operation produced 6250 tonnes of zinc, 3500t of lead and 2.37t of silver in the June quarter. Performance of the plant improved during the quarter with lead recoveries increasing from 77% to 82% and zinc recoveries remaining steady at 85%.

The paste fill distribution system at Endeavour that was damaged during in the ground failure is on the road to recovery and expected to be commissioning during the September quarter.

CBH has started a $2 million drilling program at the project to test for zinc mineralisation at depths of 1100-1500m.

The company has extended its takeover offer for Triako Resources until August 18 and is entitled to 38.2% of Triako taking into account pre-bid acceptances with companies associated with Triako directors Geoff Lord, Tom Klinger and Kevin McCann.

Assessments of the Rasp mine development at Broken Hill in NSW and the Sulphur Springs zinc-copper project in Western Australia by CBH are continuing.

Shares in CBH closed unchanged at 36c.

Tokyo (Platts)--21Jul2006
    Australian mine operator CBH Resources expects zinc and lead concentrate
    production at its Endeavor mine to resume full operation in August 2006, a
    source at CBH subsidiary Endeavor Operations told Platts Friday.
    The Endeavor mine, located in the eastern state of New South Wales, was
    shut in October 2005 after a fall of waste ground. Mining operations restarted
    on December 12, 2005 at 40% of normal capacity, and the mine's zinc and lead
    concentrate production in the quarter ended March 31, 2006 was 88,588 mt,
    representing about 30% of normal output of 300,000 mt. The source said the
    mine was currently producing at 60% of capacity.
    Japanese lead and zinc smelter Toho Zinc holds a 25% stake in CBH
    Resources. The Japanese company has the right to purchase all the zinc and
    lead concentrate produced at Endeavor.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CBH (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.