CST 1.28% 7.7¢ castile resources ltd

quarterly out, page-43

1. 270 Posts.
    Just a thought but where I work in pathology is amongst the more lucrative of the disciples/departments in the medical game, think automation, economies of scale, gov't guaranteed income. comprehensive undertaking of all pathology tests such as the more obscure test including QFN (at this stage) are taken on by gov't funded pathology services such that if a patient visits a privately owned hospital or pathology service (aka "privates") the more routine tests are performed by them and the more obscure "unprofitable tests" are forwarded to the gov't labs. Each lab who performs the test is "paid" by Medicare (federal gov't) for performing the tests they do. Naturally the gov't (state gov't) pathology services can run tests at a loss as this is a state funded service.
    I'm expecting that if the private pathology services start performing QFN test they will promote it, I don't know where we are nationally in this critical mass of profitability for the "privates" scenario but I do know that this test is growing in popularity amongst Dr's.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CST (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.