GRR 1.96% 25.0¢ grange resources limited.

Quarterly predictions, page-552

1. 10,754 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2255
    I do track Panamax rates, especially this year, and I've had to increase the freight rate from US$10/t in Q1 to US$15/t in Q2 to US$20/t in Q3 to US$25/t in Q4 to cover a 50 day China/Tas/China trip.
    Panamax daily rates this year have gone from $12k in January to $23.2k in mid-March to $32.8k at the end of June to $36.2k at the end of September.
    Also built into my schedule and as an addition is around $9k/qtr in Port Latta charges that covers tug/pilot boat charges, Port Latta employee(not processing) and other port costs as well as shipping costs for the Port Kembla shipments.
    You would find that VMS's charges of US$54/t on a 45.6kt shipment includes Tas port charges and suffers from a lower tonnage even though it's probably on a smaller ship.
    I really think my freight allowances are probably adequate and is not the main explanation for the lower unit price received in Q3. They possibly may have been generous and increased the freight-back allowance to US$25/t in Q3 but more than that would have been excessive.
    I'm thinking that the US$20/t premium on top of the pellet price that was being charged to non-Shagang customers might have been abolished from the beginning of Q3 - but I'm just looking for answers in saying that.
    Last edited by miningnut: 25/10/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GRR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.