FMG 0.18% $21.63 fortescue ltd

Read a great writeup in the fin review a while back re the work...

1. 510 Posts.

Read a great writeup in the fin review a while back re the work culture at FMG. What impressed me was that a company like BHP or RIO are in tall buildings spread over many levels ,where FMGs nerve centre is spread over one level and without walls!! The thinking is that rather than hop in a lift and hope to catch an executive who may or may not wish to be interupted, you can walk a few metres and resolve an issue etc quickly. There is an open line of communication at all levels on one level ! FMG also encourage its staff to think innovativly,offering ideas for improvement.

Hence the reason that FMG has been able to bring on line there projects in a decisive and quick manner. They have removed the bureaucracy and replaced it with efficiency .
    In actual fact there problem at the time from memory was as a result of expansion having to find a bigger floor plate to replacate there office model,or gasp have 2 levels of admin.

I like the idea of upper management being accesible at all times ,rather than egos stuck in a glass tower.

Acheiving there goal of 155 mtpa is par for the course with this team of doers.

Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$21.63
Change
-0.040(0.18%)
Mkt cap ! $66.59B
Open High Low Value Volume
$21.48 $21.63 $21.02 $156.6M 7.309M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2129 $21.60

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$21.63 817 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.