SDL 0.00% 0.6¢ sundance resources limited

Quarterly report due in April 2017, page-28

1. 8,602 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 40
    Hi cabmerlo.

I quote. Our DFS identified how we would build the railway. As the railway starts well before the mines we had planned for material off take (Trucks, scrappers etc.) at Lolabe with temporary landing ramps being built this would get most of the equipment to the port area and let us start building the railway and its access road. No doubt the new road will help us get equipment into Doula and then to Mbalam and other intermediate points as the railway would start from a number of fronts. (Unquote).
    The New Road I believe to mean the one going past Mbalam and on to Sangemelima. It was from Sangemelima to Mbalam that the 13 hour journey started because of it only being a really bad dirt/mud track. I know that even 4x4's had trouble getting through initially. There was video in the early days, I believe it was named The Sundance Rugby or Footy team. It showed workers getting stuck and deciding to have a game of rugby or footy on the side of the mud road. They had to build a log bridge in one area because of a washed out creek crossing bridge. That was to be able to get through to Mbalam to start the project off. Part of the initial old road had gone back to bush and had to be cleared to get through the forest to Mbalam.
    Perhaps this gives some idea about how the project has progressed over the years.

Regards
    Westcott.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SDL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.