AAQ 0.00% 0.6¢ aaq holdings limited

To be an endless sceptic... I think the marketing and message to...

1. 323 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    To be an endless sceptic... I think the marketing and message to consumers of this company is extremely confused.. The following is my opinion and reading of what Ive read.

So theyve started off selling "Premium quality fish" , created a brand and sold it into the high value end of the market.. restaurants etc. Got themselves on the best 20 species seafood watch list. So they are an Australian fish, But grown in the US where the consumer can trust how they are grown... and then wait for it.

The attraction of peddling a great growth story.. suddenly they will expand 10-fold, but growing the same species in vietnam, and supplementing with high quality wild caught fish.

Now if I was the consumer, I wont believe I am getting a safe fish anymore. Sorry, but I dont believe I can have a safe pollution free fish, grown in Vietnam sorry. Nor do I trust you can control the quality unless it is all under your roof, and under the umbrella of a western food safety agency. I dont trust you not to mix up your fish from Turners falls, Vietnam fisheries and so called safe wild caught fish in Asia.

By going for the big volume and changnig their sourcing they could be destroying the successful marketing message on which they founded themselves. They could destroy their own market. I see this as the crux for the unravelling of the whole enterprise.

They could just end up another Asian fish farmer, exporting on mass to the US or whereever, trying to make the Made in Vietnam fine print as small as possible.

In every piece of company documentation Ive never seen this fundamental issue addressed. Huh?

---------------
    All my own opinion and reading of the facts. DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AAQ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.