MBP 3.23% 3.0¢ metabolic pharmaceuticals limited

Some of the folks on this forum have investments in this company...

1. 5,260 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 242
    Some of the folks on this forum have investments in this company that are pretty big. Some, like me, have held stock through the ups and downs and some have come in recently, either haveing sold out earlier and are now getting back in or are new to the company. Any way you slice it, all of us are risk takers.

Metabolic Pharmaceuticals is a without a doubt a speculative stock. It is a company with NO income from sales and no royalty income - yet.

By my own assessment, MBP is a very good bet based on the huge potential of ACV1 - to say nothing of any other element of the company's pipeline. There is a wealth of independent research, very supportive of efficacy and safety of ACV1 in animal models.

If the results in humans parallel the results already obtained in laboratory animals, the potential upside is enormous. There are clues in the research literature that ACV1 may be effective in the treatment of pain other than neuropathic pain. Combine this with the promise of an oral version, and you have a potential blockbuster over time. Even if the drug proves to be effective only against neuropathic pain, this is in itself a huge market with the potential to drive the shareprice to many multiples of where it is now.

As for the delay in getting the news out regarding the recent trial, I think that should not be made too much of, even though I have been guilty of just that myself.

The fact is that the results are probably still being compiled. The blind may not yet have been lifted.

Once the blind is lifted, the results will be reported within days if not hours. I believe that exchange rules require that. If there has been a deal struck in the background, it could be announced at the same time, but there is no way that announcement of the trial results could be held back while a deal was negotiated.

I wouldn't count on a deal announcement just yet. Lets keep our expectations modest and keep our fingers crossed for no side effects and real good evidence of efficacy.

That would be enough to put a real big smile on my face.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MBP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.