LYC 1.69% $6.34 lynas rare earths limited

I never said, this would be an easy joyride to take another...

1. 166 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 85
    I never said, this would be an easy joyride to take another direction after investing so much - even if there has been done a lot of successful work in thus sector (unfortunately, China made huge achievements in the recent history and keeps or sells them, because RE and R&D in this field was not attractive or not available to most of ROW for decades).

There have been some routes, that could be taken:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0892687515001028

Solvent extraction is (actually) the most economically applicable, but also precipitation or ion exchange might be feasible ... or let's think a little bit more abstract - even bioleaching by bacteria or methods using element accumulating plants are thinkable. Out of the box problems, seldomly have in box solutions (plasterboard, concrete or Condisoil are already so creative, that "some people" actually can't imagine, that this could work)

I always liked the idea of "dilution and distribution" Lynas has chosen for their byproducts (instead of saying waste) - it's a less critical approach (IMHO), if compared to concentrate the "radiation emitting species" in a lot of pandoras boxes and wait thousands of years until it's getting economically interesting or forgotten (that's whag wilk happen after only few generations). But when the devil plays it's cards, people with fears and "believes" can not be convinced by repeating the same rational arguements (rational - for whom?) again and again. Lynas would not be the first victim of politically initiated stubborness and stupidity while insisting on their reasonable position or finding an (for the "other side") acceptable solution not fast enough.

My option should just show a way, that COULD be walked, IF "waste" (not needed for products or byproducts) can not stay in Malaysia or any country else and also not being re-importet. Only solution would be then to keep the material within the country or the mine and handle it the most safe way that is allowed by law, accepted by potential opponents and remains economically feasible.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.34
Change
0.105(1.69%)
Mkt cap ! $5.888B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.34 $6.35 $6.28 $4.375M 692.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
22 11298 $6.33

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.34 8054 27
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.07pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.