KAR 0.00% $1.48 karoon energy ltd

quarterly report out, page-9

1. Ya
    6,809 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3829
    Hi PP

I'll stick with the P50 estmate of 7 tcf for the time being. This is all in-ground & only 70-75% will is recoverable at any given time.

Imagine a water soaked sponge/loofah, thats exactly what its all like, in simple terms (except we dont need water in those Plover sands, we want gas & 191m+ of it!!)

There are 3 things to look fwd from the WL logs, the porosity, gas:water ratio & the net:gross sand thickness.

The last one is an absolute necessity, a thick clean porous sand with minimal water gives u a great flow.

Until now they've used data from nearby wells which are far off from the current location. So its essential that they use their own data & revise the estimates in time.

Kontiki-1, is targetting a similar sort of strucuture, albiet more thicker then P#1, so there will b nervous moments about water/gas saturated reservoir during drilling. Fingers & legs crossed & lets hope its all gas on KT #1, as well.

On P#1, I'd see them take a bit of time with the logging & decide what to do with the DST's, one test or more.

If they test the thin sands first, the rates could b low compared to the thicker sand at the bottom & they wouldn't want to damage the well.

Comes down to safe practices from here on till rig move.

cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.48
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $1.187B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.51 $1.51 $1.48 $9.090M 6.098M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 34975 $1.48

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.49 3831 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
KAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.