ESG 0.00% 86.5¢ eastern star gas limited

Well, the quarterly was pretty much as expected. No sensitive...

1. 3,666 Posts.
    Well, the quarterly was pretty much as expected. No sensitive news. But then again, who amongst us expected there to be?

We are not going to get important commercial/corporate news in these reports. Nor are we going to get reserves, or flows. However, for those that are paying attention, there is enough said about the pilot's performance to indicate things are going well.

BW WEST:

"The Bibblewindi West production pilot was returned to full-scale operation following completion of wellhead modification work and de-bottlenecking of water treatment facilities. The wellhead modifications were carried out to accommodate the high gas flow rates achieved from the pilot."

So those flows of 2MMCFD, heading towards 3.5MMCFD are on track. And they had to makes some modifications "to accommodate the high gas flow rates"! All good.

TINTSFIELD:

Just came on line at some time before end of March. This is the Pilot I have the most expectations for, given that the Hoskissons fairway (see pg.9) covers the biggest area. And ESG have held back all contingent resources from this seam. :)

BIBBLEWINDI:

"The pilot, including shield wells, has been operating reliably since September and water and gas production profiles are being continuously monitored. Importantly, gas production rates are steadily climbing, in line with company expectations."

>This is good. It has been heading upward from the last flow rate report 4 months ago at 700,000CFD. This is to be expected. It is the most massive seam, takes the longest to draw down the wellhead pressure. All good - "gas production rates are steadily climbing, in line with company expectations."

DEWHURST:

"The Dewhurst lateral production pilot is presently being completed for production. The pilot will be operated on a relatively short-term basis, to confirm water and gas production profiles."

> Perhaps a little disappointing on Dewhurst. It doesn't sound like much progress here. It is not designed to be a permanent producer - more a proof of concept, as the spacings are only 200m apart rather than the ultimate field development spacing of 1,000m.

EXTENDING THE RESOURCE VIA COREHOLE DRILLING

On top of that, ESG have further extended the contingent resource via corehole drilling at Rosevale 1A, Bohena 14, Edgeroi 2, and starting the Blue Hills 2 corehole. All these coal intersections add to ESG's 3C resource, reported or not.

So, I am not sure what non-member of the ESG Ramping Society are looking at. It looks to me like everything that should be happening IS happening. What I read is strong progress towards a further resource and reserves upgrade.

ESG are not going to show us their undies. We shouldn't expect them to.

Y

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ESG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.