GDR goldstar resources nl

It doesn't really sound as if you are one of them. Patient...

1. 235 Posts.
    It doesn't really sound as if you are one of them. Patient shareholders are just that; patient. They know things take time. They don't have to wait for companies to "take off" because they are not dependent on a massive short term gain to move on to the next big thing.

They have usually spent quite a time researching and have decided as a result of that research to invest significant sums of money in what they see as a solid long term investment. Their definition of long term differs from that of most of the posters on this forum by a factor of at least five.

They do not feel it necessary to post never ending questions asking if anybody knows when results will be released, what those results will be or indeed if anybody knows anything at all. They just wait. Patiently. For they have learned that there is NOTHING on these boards that will provide them with informed news before the company involved can post it.

If a price sensitive notice is announced, especially one hinting at takeover activity such as DLS is currently experiencing, I log in to see if anyone has any ideas I may have missed. On rare occasions one of the patient long term investors who know about the deep workings of the company concerned provides an angle I hadn't considered; that is the value of these boards. If I could contribute such an angle I would. If I can't, I don't.

The rest of the posts are worthless efforts by kids masquerading as traders. It really doesn't take long to sort out who they are. The OXR board is a classic example; here is one of the great corporate growth stories of the past twenty years, and the forum is filled with bubble headed m*rons waving their willies.

Que sera sera. Waffling on these forums will change nothing, this post included. As a philosophy of life which applies to investing as well, (and there are many here who have no concept of how closely investing philosophies are linked to life's accumulated wisdom), take your choice of "Shut up and listen" or to borrow from an ancient thought, "avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexations to the spirit".

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GDR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.