KEY 0.00% 0.1¢ key petroleum limited

Note that it was the Tanzanian authorities that came up with the...

1. 259 Posts.

Note that it was the Tanzanian authorities that came up with the statement and not M & P themselves, that is, we still haven't got confirmation from M & P to my knowledge. On the other hand I assume it is somewhere around 5TCF because the Tanzanian authorities must have had their hands on some facts before making such a statement - I hope!

Remember that we are still in April 2008 which leaves another 8 months of the year for KEY to get the Borsano project rolling. I would be surprised if Borsano was not drilled before the end of the year.

Interesting to note they state they are waiting for the heads-up on the 'preferred' drilling location - if they get to the end of 2008 and have failed in their bid to persuade the relevant authorities of the drilling location then it seems they have a back-up location, given 'preferred' implies there exists other locations.

Interesting to note also that they are discussing with parties in Tanzania concerning potential gas sales - look for the price negotiated to surprise on the upside IMO. The shrewd business acumen that KEY management have cannot be denied - chairman and founding director Ted Ellyard made 99 million dollars profit - in a day - while he was CEO of Hardman Resources through the acquisition of Mauritanian permits from ENI and subsequent sale to British Gas after making the half a billion barrel Tiof oil discovery.

I got the impression that Lampedusa is coming along nicely, in fact to me it seems that it is about as progressed as Borsano! Cairn would make a suitable farminee given they are next door with the Louza permit.

Otherwise I also found out today that Hardman's very first drilling program offshore Mauritania comprising two wells resulted in the first, Courbine-1 being P & A'd with the second, Chinguetti-1 making the namesake discovery. Sound familiar?!

SS.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KEY (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.