VMT 3.57% 13.5¢ vmoto limited

The Telsa share price jumped 10% yesterday, closing just below...

1. 1,061 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1549
    The Telsa share price jumped 10% yesterday, closing just below the $800 mark. That put it some 12% below the record high that was reached by the stock back in February, although it has since lost a little ground.

Vmoto shares, on the other hand, have been languishing below 0.150 over recent days, which is not even half the price reached by the stock when it hit its peak in February.

Vmoto, of course, ranks no-where near Tesla in the fame stakes. Indeed, just yesterday, I noticed one article by Marcus Padley which included data on different groups of local stocks whose share prices had been impacted by the pandemic situation. One of the groups listed was the motor stocks, although you'll note that there is one notable absentee in the list:

That last stock there, MTO, has a market cap only slightly higher than that of VMT. If celebrity stockbrokers don't know about Vmoto, it is a pretty strong indicator that the stock is still below the radar.

One positive from this is that it might suggest there could be significant upside potential if market players suddenly start taking an interest in this stock, and that might just happen in the near future.

The next quarterly report is due to be released within the next few days, and you'd have to assume that it will quickly attract a lot of eyeballs.

To recap, the table below depicts the sales results from the preceding two quarters:

In the last quarter of 2019 they sold just over 7,000 units. So, will the sales for this quarter be higher than the last, and if so, by how much?.

The first question is perhaps easier to answer. In the update on 23/01/20 the company mentioned that they had received a strong order book for Q120.

In addition, the structure of the Share Purchase Plan indicates that the management expect the share price to be strong in mid-May, when the issue price is set, as the management would certainly prefer the issue price to be in the higher range. That suggests to me that by date that the SPP was announced (on the 6th of April) the management were confident that the first quarter figures would be strong.

This then leads on to that second question: given the above, I think the company unit sales will be strong, and my guess is that the jump will be significantly higher than that which took place between the third and fourth quarters last year.

If I was going to pick a number, I'd say 8,500 units in total. Anyone else want to hazard a guess?.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VMT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
13.5¢
Change
-0.005(3.57%)
Mkt cap ! $56.45M
Open High Low Value Volume
14.5¢ 14.5¢ 13.5¢ $9.421K 68.45K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 72 14.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
14.5¢ 14642 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.32pm 02/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
VMT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.