MGX 1.20% 41.0¢ mount gibson iron limited

Quarterly, page-38

1. 2,973 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 618
    "I can see this being a very long and drawn out negotiation and therefore wouldn't put much value in the insurance at this stage."

I agree with this statement.

Insurers read ASX announcements as well... They would be well aware of MGX's cash position, desire, and sh pressure, to get the repair done asap.

If indeed they are covered for the collapse of the seawall, and not just Loss of Profits, the insurance "process" (assessment, investigation, negotiation, authorisation of repair, etc) could well impede MGX's decision regarding Koolan. It may well be better for the board to decide to do it themselves and take a token cash settlement (which it would be) from the insurer. Even that will be well down the track.

If i was the m'ment/board of MGX, I would quietly place little to no value on the insurance policy and if MGX ultimately gets something comes out of it, so be it.

They need to be masters of their own destiny in this regard, not have to dance to the tune of a, more than likely, overseas insurer.

Cheers,
    Mac

Please dyor
    Last edited by macssharesforfun: 31/01/15

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MGX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
41.0¢
Change
-0.005(1.20%)
Mkt cap ! $498.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
41.0¢ 41.5¢ 40.8¢ $360.4K 877.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 168024 41.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
41.5¢ 80475 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MGX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.