FAR 1.06% 47.5¢ far limited

Re SNE3: "Is Hotazel right with his larger flatter egg theory...

1. pj
    2,090 Posts.
    Re SNE3: "Is Hotazel right with his larger flatter egg theory and they will hit blocky sands out here or are the thin sands going to be modest around 1-2 k bopd? If we do get some decent flow out here say 3-5 k bopd it would be fantastic"

According to the famous N-S image the blocky sands drop away and thin out going south:

Image 1
    upload_2016-2-2_18-16-57.png

Now although SNE3 is being drilled well to the west of this line, the west edge of the structure a whole is also way further to the west so blocky sands at SNE3 according to that information do look unlikely.

Image 2
    upload_2016-2-2_18-47-32.png

With respect to the thin sands you will see from the "artistic representation" (Image 1) that the upper thin sands from SNE1 (which were likely in the gas zone at SNE2 and not tested at that location) are prognosed to be in the lower part of the oil window at SNE3 with the primary "gas zone 480" sands (which you did not mention) dipping into the upper part of the oil window.

Is it possible either or both of these sands could be more productive and extensive in terms of pay than the thin sands tested at SNE2? If they are then because of the large peripheral area (like the margins around the page of a book) they could possibly add a lot to the recoverable reserves. Just how much I don't know as there might be some sort of efficiency cut off applied to the calculation of reserves covering limited net pay spread over such a large (and yet to be fully appraised) area due to the relatively large number of wells (vertical or horizontal) than would be required over the left central structure. Farjock claims to be the teacher but so far has been less than forthcoming in that respect?

My guess is that the best avenue to large increases in reserves in the most efficient possible manner would be for the latest seismic to show the whole structure to be much flatter than previously thought allowing the blocky sands to spread further over the central east part of the structure. But we just don't know if that is the case do we, they certainly have given us no intimation of that predrill and FAR's latest areal image (Image 2 above) showing SNE2 near the extreme western edge of the field at that location doesn't to my mind support that notion - all is focussed to the west.

pj

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
47.5¢
Change
0.005(1.06%)
Mkt cap ! $43.89M
Open High Low Value Volume
46.5¢ 48.0¢ 46.5¢ $110.3K 234.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 217746 46.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
47.5¢ 68975 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.