FAR 0.00% 50.5¢ far limited

Regarding the current well costs, I think I recall that they are...

1. 616 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 89
    Regarding the current well costs, I think I recall that they are of the order of $100m each (overall spread rate of around US$1.m/d). Is this correct?

If this is the case, I have 2 problems with this.

1. Market rates for the current drilling equipment is about half this now (spread rates of circa US$750K per day). Why are we still paying top of the market rig rates? The Athena contract should be terminated as soon as it is feasible to do so and renegotiated to current market rates, or a new rig be sourced. It is almost certain that there is no other work available so the JV is in a strong negotiating position.

2. Seems like the budget for the SNE wells was fat. These wells are relatively simple and are taking around 25 around days to drill and log with another 20 - 30 days for coring and testing. Coming under budget may be a reflection of fat in the original budget. I will concede that operations do become slicker with extended campaigns, but coming in under budget because the original budget was fat is not necessarily a good thing and would suggest a lack of cost focus by Cairn.

For these discoveries to be converted to commercial success for FAR shareholders, efficient use of the shareholders funds is important and our management should not accept costs structures that haven't received appropriate attention. I worry that Cairn (and COP) does not know how to do things with an eye to cost.

We may be able to get 2 additional wells for our budget.

Trim

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
50.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $46.66M
Open High Low Value Volume
50.5¢ 50.5¢ 50.5¢ $14.48K 28.69K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 5356 50.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
51.0¢ 59999 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.44pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.