AGS 0.00% 17.5¢ alliance resources limited

quasar get your act together, page-8

1. 904 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Claudes, I was just going to type it out since you helped me out the other day. Anyway, it's online now so here it is...
    BTW, I thought there were two lawsuits, not three (?).

SARAH MARTIN

November 25, 2009 10:30am

QUASAR Resources is asking shareholders of joint venture partner Alliance to urge the company's board to move ahead on the Four Mile uranium mine soon.

In the past six weeks Alliance, through subsidiary Alliance Craton, has filed three separate lawsuits against Quasar relating to the Four Mile project in the state's north.

The mine is earmarked to be Australia's fourth uranium mine and represents an investment of $110 million in the state.

Speaking ahead of Alliance's AGM, to be held in Melbourne today, Quasar said litigation would only lead to further costs for the mine.

"The annual general meeting of Alliance Limited affords its shareholders the opportunity to urge their company's board and management to sort out limited matters - including matters of regulation - that are delaying the development of Australia's fourth uranium mine,'' Quasar said in a statement.

"Resort to litigation will inevitably result in significant additional costs and delays in the project.''

Quasar, a subsidiary of Heathgate Resources, said it had been willing to engage in ``good faith'' discussions with Alliance to resolve the issues, which mainly relate to registration of a native title agreement.

If, however, discussions fail to resolve the impasse, Quasar will, without hesitation, vigorously contest Alliance's legal actions.

In action lodged in the SA Supreme Court, Alliance is claiming Quasar acted above its authority in lodging a native title mining agreement, which covers the Beverley mine area as well as Four Mile, with Primary Industries and Resources SA .

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.