QUB 0.00% $3.90 qube holdings limited

QUBE, page-3

1. 10,764 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1421
    IIRC, QUB's main rail operations in Melbourne are at Victoria Harbour (i.e. the southernmost portion of the Dynon rail yards in inner Melbourne, if my bearings are on the ball).

As one example, it operates a cement train from Berrima in NSW (near Moss Vale) down to Melbourne along the main Sydney - Melbourne rail line through Cootamundra and Albury, which once in the Dynon area has its cement containers transferred from standard gauge to a broad gauge train that travels on Metro's busiest suburban rail line to Dandenong South on the Cranbourne branch line.

Aren't QUB's rail yard facilities largely an operating lease, though with some company-initiated capital improvements?

Whether the new rail freight yards are built at Beveridge on the main Sydney - Melbourne line or Truganina near Tarneit (the latter requiring new standard gauge rail line access), one would expect QUB to be either granted open access or have its own portion of the rail sidings with the ability to build complementary infrastructure such as cranes that move alongside the sidings to load/unload TEUs (shipping containers), staff facilities and room for reach stackers and some temporary container storage at a minimum.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QUB (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.