queensland signs up to ndis, page-5

1. 27,192 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 82
    "Meanwhile, Western Australian Disability Services Minister Helen Morton has said the state will not be disadvantaged by a delay in signing up to the scheme.

The WA Government has offered to host a trial, but is yet to formally sign up because it does not want disability funding and services to be controlled from Canberra.

Ms Morton said disabled Western Australians will not miss out.

"We have every intention and believe it will happen that we will be a part of the NDIS, but in that process we will protect our higher level of funding that's already available in WA and we will also get our level of the NDIS funding.""

Thank you Dave R,I was listening to col,our premier on 6pr this morning.
    I don't disagree with col in regards to WA currently having a superior disability scheme,to those of our fellow countrymen and women.
    Just as I don't disagree with him in relation to a better education system than our fellow country men and women.
    Successive political party's while in government in WA have nurtured this environment,and kudos to those involved from both sides of the great divide who were personally responsible.

If I can use a soccer analogy,sometimes to go forward,one must push the ball backwards.

Ive no problem with the rest of the field catching up with WA,for when the boom does bust,(even though col has never admitted to a boom),as all booms come to an end,the funding WA gets will be that of our fellow states and territories,no doubt on a pro rata basis.

In closing Dave R an interesting aside,apparently there is a no fault car accident/injury insurance in NSW,which according to col will necessitate insurance premium increases in the West.

While there (buy the shear obvious-nous) must be some bureaucracy,I see no benefit in having any,for WA,our (current state NDIS)program is devolved to the direct decision makers,as in all things duplication must be eliminated at every opportunity.

Raider

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.