AAD 0.00% $1.49 ardent leisure group

Hopefully the theme parks will have had a bumper Christmas...

1. JID
    3,676 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 836
    Hopefully the theme parks will have had a bumper Christmas season... story below:

Cheers
    John

Qld tourism operators enjoy bumper summer season
    By Jo Skinner
    Updated Mon Jan 7, 2013 3:52pm AEDT

PHOTO: Good weather over the summer holiday period has led to a bumper tourist season in Queensland. (ABC TV News - file image )
    MAP: Brisbane 4000
    The Queensland Tourism Industry Council (QTIC) says it has been a strong start to the year for tourism operators across the state.

QTIC chief executive officer Daniel Gschwind says the past few years have been tough for many regional tourism operators who have weathered summer floods and storms.

Mr Gschwind says good weather over the summer holiday period has led to a bumper tourist season in Queensland.

"The traditional holiday seasons in south-east Queensland - the beaches, the Sunshine Coast, the Gold Coast - but also further north they have done very, very well," he said.

"I think it's right across the state - it's been a good season.

"It's not of course peak season in the north, but even they have done rather well under these conditions."

He says the industry is getting back on its feet.

"It's been a very difficult couple of years for many operators - they have struggled," he said.

"They have improved their businesses, they have repositioned their businesses.

"They have to pull out all-stops to remain viable in many cases over the last two years.

"I think it's a well-deserved break that everybody's getting a good season hopefully and one that puts tourism back on track."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AAD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.