queensland unemployment hits 10 year high, page-29

1. 10,423 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    I don't beleive the reason Golden Circle went to NZ was Newman's fault. I don't believe the slow own in mining activity in Qld and the lay off of workers is Newman's fault.
    I don't belive the move to cut staff at retail outlets and move to casual employment is Newman's fault. I just do not believe the closure of many large businesses and the failure of many smaller businesses in Qld is Newman's fault.
    The blame lays squarely at the feet of the ALP. Who bought in a Carbon Dioxide tax to stifle business and send business offshore? Who deceided to bring in a tax on resources which put the brakes on new developments all over the country, it just so happens that Qld relies largly on mining for employment.
    The Aussie dollar has been way too high for over two years which has caused a drop in overseas tourism which Qld also relies on, so the only answer is to reduce staff to stay afloat.

The retrenchment of some idle Public Servants has not had the impact of other outside influences.

Oh. one other thing, if you were young and unemployed in Melbourne, why wouldn't you move to a warmer climate to collect the dole?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.