MKY mky resources ltd

To add to the last post as to where that opposition is possibly...

1. 41 Posts.
    To add to the last post as to where that opposition is possibly coming from.

JOURNALIST: Mr Rudd, you're the Party's Foreign Affairs spokesman, are you prepared to join the advocacy for a three mines policy?

RUDD: Uranium exports now for Australia represent half a billion dollar business. I've long been of the view that we can grow that business but in a way which is consistent with our bi-lateral nuclear regime and our obligations under the NPT. When it comes to the debate which we are foreshadowing for National Conference next year, I'll be making my position clear on that as we get near to conference. A couple of factors which will be shaping my view on that will the current capacity constraints surrounding our existing mines and in the expansion possible within those mines, plus the future demand curve for uranium ore worldwide.

JOURNALIST: In other words, you're in favour of the change?

RUDD: I said I'm in support of a debate at Conference next year. I'll be making my position on the three mines clear when we get close to that Conference and as I said before, this is a significant export business for Australia, it can grow but grow in a manner which is consistent with our non-proliferation obligations globally and the bilateral safeguards arrangements which are entered into with the countries to which we export.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MKY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.