Following is a query I've prepared for posting on Hot Copper,but...

1. 149 Posts.
    Following is a query I've prepared for posting on Hot Copper,but have so far held back on posting:

Are there any people here on H C with enough mining experience/ knowledge to be able to say what effect the following bit of news (see below) is likely to have on the likes of DYL, EXT, BMN, MLS and other exploration companies working in Namibia?

Obviously, a company in the process of actually developing a mine (esp. an underground mine) would probably be unable to continue their work or, at least, suffer considerably, unless they were able to install their own power generation facilities, but to what extent will it hit those companies who are yet engaged only in the earlier stages of exploration?

<< NamPower urges freeze on new mines over regional energy crunch
    Namibia's state electricity utility NamPower advised putting major investment projects on ice because of the energy crisis that continues to cast a shadow over the region. In a blow for the desert country's burgeoning uranium mining industry Nampower's chief operating officer Bertholdt Mbuere Ua Mbuere said all new mines would have to wait until at least 2009 to get power. Excluded from that proviso was Uramin, a subsidiary of French nuclear giant Areva, that aims to begin large-scale uranium production near Swakopmund by end 2008. (DPA Jan. 22, 2008)>>
    http://www.wise-uranium.org/upna.html

I hope the prospects are not too gloomy. My own guess is that companies engaged in the earlier stages of exploration will not be badly impacted, but what do any of you who have some expertise think? I, for one, would appreciate your thoughts on this.

Cheers,

Tez

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.