MRX 0.00% 0.7¢ matrix metals limited

question about production cost...

1. 116 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9
    Just out of interest, can anyone suggest why the production cost for MRX is so high ($2.4/lb) compared to CUO's Ladie Annie project ($0.83/lb) - I thought that the grades and processing routes were comparable between these projects.

I have never been a fan of MRX, ever since they failed to develop the 'White Range' project a few years ago. But now, with a market cap of only $44m, there may be a justification for supporting them (what operating and net profits can we expect from them in the coming years?).

In the Cu sector I currently hold URL who hopefully will soon receive funding for their Roseby project which will lead to a rocketing share price (I hope!!).

The other interesting junior Cu developer which I've noticed is Redbank Mines (RBM). There current market cap is only $7m but they seam to have a good chance of going into small-scale copper production in the next few years (recent shallow drilling intercepts have been up to 10% Cu; ie it's highish grade). Completion of a DFS on a 6 ktpa oxide copper project is expected in Q3 2008.

Cheers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MRX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.